10 home remedies for dry eyes : Having dry eyes ( or dry eye syndrome ) as evening approaches may seem to be normal, but starting the day off that way is definitely not! Because they’re irritated, you spend a lot of time rubbing them, and you may wonder if workable solutions exist.
- If you suffer from dry eyes, try the 10 home remedies below to see if you can get relief. Some of these health remedies are so simple, you’ll wonder why nobody mentioned them before.
10. 20-20-20 dry eye symptoms .
- In this ” dry eyes ” technological age, spending hours looking at a screen, whether it’s a computer, tablet, smartphone or television, is the norm. All this screen watching comes at a cost, though. It dries the eyes because you tend not to blink as often.
- In order to correct that, dry eyes , symptomsn dry eye syndrome & dry eyes CDC recommends moving your eyes to focus on an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. This will also force you to blink to re-wet your eyes.
9. Humidifier & dry eye drops .
- Adding moisture to the air through a humidifier, especially in the winter, may also help alleviate dry eyes, according Dry Eyes CDC & dry eye symptoms .
8. Water ” dry eye treatment ” :
- Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day is recommended by Medical News & health insurance California, remedy websites, Today in order to keep your eyes hydrated.
7. Omega-3 fatty acids ” dry eye treatment ” :
- Both WebMD dry eyes and dry eye symptoms remedy Center recommend eating foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids to keep the eye glands working well. If the foods don’t sit well with you, you can also take these through oral supplements. click next and continue reading on the next page.
- WebMD dry eye symptoms & health Medical News Today states lessening sugar and sugar substitute intake may help with dry-eye symptoms.
- Using a warm compress for at least one minute helps to soften oils that can clog the tear glands. dry eye drops & WebMD health website recommends pressing the edge of the eyelid after using the compress to help remove the clogged oils.
4. Eyedrops ” dry eye treatment ” .
- Sometimes putting in eye drops is the best solution, according to dry eye syndrome remedy & health WebMD websites. Everything from simple saline to gel drops is available without a prescription.
3. Shampoo ” dry eye treatment ” .
- Using baby shampoo or some other gentle shampoo to help clean crust from your eyelashes may help unclog tear glands and alleviate dry eyes as well, according to WebMD dry eye symptoms remedy.
- Air blowing directly into your eyes is bad. When angling fans or air conditioning vents, Healthline remedy recommends making sure that the breeze doesn’t directly hit your eyes and worsen the problem.
1. Blink often.
- Although this may seem silly to mention, both the dry eye symptoms Cdc and WebMD make a point of saying that simply blinking often will help if you suffer from dry eyes.
- Suffering from dry eyes doesn’t have to be a way of life. Simple solutions do exist. With these great ideas, you may be able to eliminate or greatly diminish your dry eyes.